Sunday, January 11, 2009

Speed Limit to the Moon


At first, I couldn't fathom the possibility of
speeding off to the Moon at a moment's notice.
I mean, I don't remember hearing of anyone
else taking the chance of putting the pedal to
the metal and flooring it to the stars.
So on Sunday night in my aging Altima, it
came as a big-bang sized surprise to
come upon a route that seemed to go
off into the sky, but also there was a
speed limit of 25 miles per hour posted.
What was I to make of this sign, this
speed limit to somewhere way out of my zip code.
Not to be discouraged, I didn't figure that
the Highway Patrol would be chasing me
down for speeding around the Moon.
With nothing better to do on my Sunday
night (I was going in search of my own
Golden Globes at this point), I took a
chance on visiting the outer reaches of
something before daybreak and once
again gravity would be cramping my style.

No comments:

Post a Comment